Friday, January 18, 2008

This is a web-log.

Last night I played poker with Thom, Craig, Sam, and Josh. I did not win. This is not a surprise to me. I started off pretty strong but then I relapsed into my nasty tendency to stop paying attention/caring once we've been playing for a couple of hours. I do not recommend this strategy.

Sam and Thom introduced me to Samuel Adam's Black Lager and it was delicious. I went to the store to find some but settled for Guinness Draught in 14.9 fl oz. cans. I am looking forward to having one, though I have my therapist appointment at 6 pm and would feel like a total dong-a-long if I went in smelling like a 14.9 fl oz Guinness.

Other things I am looking forward to doing today: Eating a turkey sandwich with a side of chicken tortilla soup from Fresh 'n Easy. Perhaps I will eat some celery sticks along with it. That would be nice.

I am trying to lose some of the fat I've accumulated over the past few years. I was doing a great job of eating well/going to the gym, but then I fell of the wagon pretty hard when I went home. I would like to blame my mom for this for making giant meals of cheese-centric entrees, and my friends for encouraging me to drink the large amounts of beer, and the snow for forcing me to stay inside and drink large amounts of beer by myself, but really we all know it is my fault. I have the metabolism of a 60 year old woman.

Going to punky reggae party tonight. I'm going to try to get Jess to drive because I can't dance without a few drinks. If I have to drive I will probably just sulk and nurse a couple whiskey on the rocks.

I'll let you all know the status of my driving/not driving situation.

I saw There Will Be Blood the other day and feel like an asshole for not liking it as much as everyone else. Maybe I should see it again. I liked it. I'd even go as far as to say I liked it a lot. I just didn't love it.  Does this make me a dumb person? I'd like to think that I'm not a dumb person, but maybe I'm wrong. That is a strong possibility.

3 comments:

Lucas said...

I feel the same as you feel about 'There Will Be Blood'. It was really good - great acting (Daniel Day Lewis is a freak of nature)- great dialog - great camera work. Certainly very stimulating. All that said, it's not a movie I feel close to - it didn't inspire me creatively or otherwise - it didn't really have anything to say to me. Also - the greatest strategy to win at poker in our group of players may simply be to outlast everyone. It definitely works on me.

Unknown said...

Dong-a-long though you may be, you are a lovable dong-a-long.

Fig Mints said...

wow. I can't believe you actually started a blog called bil-blog ska-ggins... all this time I thought you were joking. and I can't believe it was already influenced by me because I made you feel dumb for not loving 'there will be blood'. I guess there's nothing left to say except you ARE fat and I'll follow you home later using googlemaps.